Friday, March 4, 2011

For my mother....

Apparently, I'm failing my blog. This is obvious, and made more so by my mother. She's not allowed to have faceboook (unanimous daughter decision) so Mom, I hope this helps you get your fix. 
Life, we'll its busy. I have to think back over this past month or more and think of what I have accomplished (or not accomplished).

First thing that comes to mind is that Steven's nieces, Niah and Kamara, turned one! This year has gone by so fast and they are absolutely beautiful!  They seemed to have a lot of fun at their party.  Steven and I bought them a Cozy Coupe, and their Grand-parents (Honey's mom and dad) bought them a second one so they were happy to have two.  They love them and play in them everyday I'm told. They got boas and birthday hats, which they pulled off within 3.5 seconds.  

 I actually made the girls' cakes. It was terrifying.  They were giant cupcakes, and well, I hope to never have to make giant cupcakes again.  The first didn't turn out b/c the cake refused to come out in one piece, so I really made 3 cakes. Steve and Judd didn't mind b/c they ate the mess-up. It tastes the same even though it wasn't very pretty.  
On the way to the house, my fears came true in one way or another.  We hit a few bumps, frosting fell off of both cakes.  FAIL!!! I'm assuming I just added too much water to the icing, but it didn't quite want to stick to the sides of the cake.  It was just a small spot on both sides, but still. I wanted to cry. I actually refused to go in the house at first b/c I was so mad.  It took me 5 or more hours to make those tiny cakes, and they were tainted by a bump in the road, literally and figuratively.

So, they didn't quite know what to do with the cake at first. These two beautiful little girls are the cleanest eaters I have ever seen. Ever.  This was photo was towards the end of the cake eating expedition.  Do you see frosting on their forehead or in their hair? No. It was almost disappointing that they didn't get messy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment