Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fabric Flowers

 I love Pinterest. Its great. I've blogged about it before. It's a great distraction and its a great place to borrow ideas. Especially for weddings :) So, I saw this little number on there on how to make cute little fabric flowers. You start out with fabric and cut it into little rectangles.
 Then, take those little rectangles and cut them into petals.  After that, make a running stitch (I think that's what its called) and pull the petals together.  Circle them up, attach the last petal to the first, tie a not and you're done!  It took no time at all and they are super cute in my opinion. 

These little pretties may cause me to stray from the paper flowers that I created.  You can read about it in my post about Centerpieces - Being Crafty Again .
 These two pictures above are of a test centerpiece that I made.  I liked this one so much that I just left it together and put it in my apartment.  So this let me test the flowers out.  The flowers are a little hard to see in the first photo and there are only two so far.  But I'm thinking that I like the fabric over the paper flowers.   The pictures below are from another post, but its just to give you an idea so you can compare the two.



Annnddd this is what Steven did while I made the flowers.  He loves his iPod.


Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. i am impressed! very cute i think a combination of all would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it. (said in a definitive tone)

    ReplyDelete