Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I miss Ag

Today, I sat and read Corn & Soybean Digest while at work (yes, best job ever for a grad student because if I have no appointments I can read and do homework).  Reading articles about advocating for Ag and and discussing new Ag topics really made me miss undergrad. Undergrad was easier, yes, but I miss my ag classes.  My courses right now aren't doing much for me. So, stupid me, I let myself wander to the Texas Tech grad website. This school was my first choice for grad school to study Ag Communications, but I didn't even apply. Again, stupid me. A few things held made me choose Western, such as family is close, I had an assistantship nailed down, and I thought I could still incorporate other Ag classes into my course load. Wrong. I barely have time to do the homework I have assigned (yes, I am wasting time on Blogger typing away my thoughts, but its more of a needed release than anything right now)

There was an interesting article about becoming socially active on the internet to advocate for Ag such as using twitter, facebook, or blogs to explain the standpoint of farmers and the industry. This is something to consider looking into or to at least find different media to read about the industry.  I found a neat blog called Advocates for Ag. (click the link to see) From the few that I read it was pretty interesting discussing different  issues and showing the positive side of Agriculture. 

So, right now I'm just venting  a little and gathering my thoughts, and listening to Stoney LaRue which pleases my ears.  Back to studying and research...

No comments:

Post a Comment