Friday, November 12, 2010

The library and I

I just wanted to let you all know that my life right now consists of the following things:

1. First off, I miss my friends and family because I don't see them. I live with Emily and have seen her a total of 3 times this week, and never for more than an hour.

2. I've consumed more coffee than ever before, well maybe not ever... I have worked at 2 different coffee shops, but I hope you're picturing me, paper's, a computer, and a couple empty coffee cups.

3. I've helped in the killing of 3.6 sequoia trees with all of the research I have printed off in the past week. I have come to believe that research done by grad students and the cost of the paper that they print are 25% of the reason that state universities are in debt and 40% of the reason for the demand and production of printer paper.

4. I'm actually excited about some of my homework. That has only happened 3 times before in the history of my life. So, I figure excitement for 1 out of 4 major assignments is pretty good.  For one project, (the one I actually really like) I'm researching the difference between motivation and empowerment for students and how that affects their learning habits.  Good stuff.

5. I'm wasting time right now because my brain hurts from reading.

6. Steve took me to Chick's on my lunch break yesterday. It was magic because I love Chick's potato soup and loaded waffle fries. I like him too.

7. I just drank a cinnamon chai tea instead of coffee. It was delicious. Try it.

8. I am beginning to really despise the library. The lady that works at Malpass Mocha (the coffee shop stand if you will) recognizes me and we have decent conversations.

9. I found a really cute apartment in Colchester to move into for next year and I'm excited!!!

10.I'm running out of things....

The moral of the story is that I don't have much of a life, the library and I are in a serious relationship, and I need more coffee because my chai is gone.

I hope to see you all one day soon....
This is the coffee shop area in the library. Its so nice to have it here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment