Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I baked a cake.

So this post is a little late compared to when it was actually made. Yes, I have made posts since this cake was made, but I hadn't loaded the pictures to my computer yet. But, I made a cake! It may be the first time that I have really baked, besides making Judd and Steven choco-chip cookies. 
I made this chocolate cake from scratch for Thanksgiving.... why you may ask? I was avoiding homework for the most part and I really wanted chocolate cake. 

I decided to experiment with Gum Paste. It was pretty easy and it ended up looking pretty cool.

 This is the gum paste flattened out with some of the food color spray that I used  behind it.
  This is the giant (not really) pumpkin I created.

Those are all of the decorations I made for the cake, I didn't end up using them all though. 
These are pictures of the cake from the front seat of my car on the way to Thanksgiving. I forgot to take pictures in the house, so sorry for the sun glared-out cakes. It was the best I could do with what I had. :)
It turned out pretty well for my standards, I liked it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment