Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter Break and Ice Crystals

So, winter break is finally here! That means I get to actually see my family, Christmas is near, I will get to eat tons of great food (which is really not good for me), I get to catch up with friends, and one of the most important things is that I don't have to worry about homework. Its a lovely feeling.

I started my break Friday by meeting Katie and Dad in Peoria to go Christmas shopping for mom. Its one of my favorite traditions for Christmas. Every year, Dad takes each of us girls Christmas shopping for mom with him. We get to pick where we want to go and pick where we want to have dinner. It was a lot of fun when we were younger because it was like a daddy-daughter date night I guess is what you would call it. Anyways, as we are getting older, we are getting busier, and so Katie and I shared our Christmas shopping day this year. It was a lot of fun. Dad behaved himself for the most part and didn't really complain about the shopping. We were moving pretty quickly though, Katie was "streamlining" our shopping by assigning me things to find and them she took dad to find whatever else. It was pretty funny that she gave me a specific thing and a time frame to complete it in. I just said o.k., thank you Miss Bogner and did what I was told so she wouldn't beat me.  It wasn't completely successful considering the fact that I have A.D.D. and I was still Christmas shopping myself, but we got done! 

My next adventure entailed a night out with some of my favorite people from home. It was a lot of fun. When I got home, there were ice crystals on everything! It was gorgeous and for some reason I found it comparable to seeing everything covered in rock candy. So, of course, I got out my camera. It was freezing, my tri-pod was not cooperating, and the pictures didn't turn out that great, but it was still GORGEOUS outside. I wish I would have more patience and warm clothes to stay out and keep taking pictures. 



these aren't the best pictures, but it gives a pretty good idea that everything was covered in ice crystals


No comments:

Post a Comment