Sunday, December 5, 2010

There not here....

As you've maybe read in previous posts, I don't really care for grad school. But who really likes school? I like to learn, yes, I don't like papers, this, my friends, is a scientific fact.

So, as I'm staring at this brick wall in a little study room in the library attempting to complete my final projects and research essays in these last few days of school, I find myself wanting to bury my toes in the sand and listen to the waves. Is this suck a bad idea? No, I think not!



Instead, this is what I bury myself in...
 There are more papers than that now, just to let you know.

Its not as sandy or relaxing. Its not as warm either. bleh. No. Thank. You.

I'm thinking about turning my back porch into a fake beach. I'll buy many, many bags of sand from Farm King, paint a nice ocean mural on the wall, play some soothing ocean music in the background.... this maybe going too far. I like it though. It's probably cheaper than a plane ticket back to Hawai'i. Oh man, oh man.

Its snowing here a little, do you know what the weather is like in Hawai'i? Nice and 80 degrees. It never changes there I think the range goes from 75 degrees to 85 degrees during the day... don't quote me, but it doesn't change much past that.
Its 35 degrees here. Hello winter.
With winter comes Christmas break, a break that I desperately need. So, its not all bad. I'm sleeping from December 17th through the 23rd just in case you try to reach me, I'll be hibernating catching up on sleep from this semester.
And if you really love me, you'll support my "Send Steph back to the beach in Hawai'i" fund. All proceeds will go towards flying a red-headed girl back to the Oahu to sit on a beach and listen to the waves. All checks can be written out to me, cash is also accepted. I would appreciate your support. :)

In my dreams, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment