Monday, March 5, 2012

I keep getting yelled at...

I have failed my blog. 
I have failed my 2 followers.
Most importantly, I have failed my mom. 

Mom didn't like when I didn't keep up with my blog. She kept asking, hinting, wishing perhaps for a new post. She eventually quit asking.  Grad School, Job searching, wedding planning, and well life impeded my progress.  I was just reading my sister Katie's Blog and felt that I should tend to the sad little blog that was mine.


I'm not sure where to begin, it ended with a final post last year in April about mom's 50th birthday party. Much has happened since then. I'm finishing my second year of grad school. I'm 'walking' in May, but I won't have completed my degree.  You see a thesis is a funny thing, it stops you from graduating until you complete it.  I, however, will pretend that I have earned my Master's of Communication in May. I'll be living a lie I suppose, but it makes me feel better.  That's probably not the best idea... but I will finish my thesis by the end of the year.   After May, I'm praying I'll have a job, maybe even a dream job.  I won't hold my breath for the dream job though.  I just want a job that I can like myself for.  (What movie is that last sentence from? Winner gets an air-five I suppose, is that fair?)  Anyway, the search continues! 


Did I mention I finally got engaged? :) After being with Steve for over 2.5 years or 928 days (I just added that up for self amusement)  on December 15, 2011, he finally popped the question... no one was surprised but I think everyone is happy and excited. Both of my sisters screamed a lot, so I think that's a good sign. We have a Wedding Website. Go click and see.  It has the story of how we met, the proposal, the wedding plans, etc.  The big day is November 3, 2012.  I'm working on finding bridesmaid dresses, a DJ, a caterer, and flowers currently.  I have my dress and love it.  We got the photographers that I have always wanted Mary and Seth Morris (Seth Morris Photography) They are amazing and awesome and I love their photos.   They were the first people that I called and the first thing that I booked.  I was a little excited if you can't tell.  We're getting married at Argyle Bible Church and the reception  is going to be at Lake Hill Winery.  Our best friend Judd of Sugar Creek Photography is going to take our engagement pictures (hopefully someday soon).  He's Steve's best man (and my honorary bridesmaid....kidding!) so he can't shoot our wedding, but he's doing our engagement pics as his gift to us. There's a good bit done with the planning, but so much more to do.

Hmmm... What else to add.  Oh, I'm a teaching assistant now! I'm teaching 2 speech courses a semester and its been a blast.  Its been A LOT of work, but I've really enjoyed it.  This is coming from the girl who said that she would never under any circumstance become a teacher, and now I'm 2 years in at teaching at Western Illinois University.  I taught a few job prep courses last year, now speech communication.  Life if interesting and funny.   


That's all for now I suppose. I need to get back to grading speeches :)

Here's a song for your Monday
 

2 comments: