Friday, March 9, 2012

Kitten would be proud.... I got crafty!

My sister, Kitten, (a.k.a. Katie) is a crafty one.  She creates great things, she's a little machine of wonder if you ask me.   I, on the other hand, am not so crafty.... I don't usually have the attention span to complete a project in one sitting. There are always exceptions to the rule however. 

So, if you read the previous post, you know that I'm busy planning my wedding, and its being planned on a budget. I don't want to say small budget, because to me, its not small at all.  Its amazing to be how much cash people can drop on a wedding.  So, to help save on some of the costs, I'm not going to have all, if any, 'live' centerpieces.  I LOATHE, DESPISE, and  DETEST silk flowers. Bleh. No. hn and NO! Funny side story, my dad doesn't like silk flowers either, he once told me that if I put them on his grave he would come back and haunt me.  Maybe that's where I get it from :)  Anywho. So, I'm getting crafty.  I've decided that I want branch centerpieces with homemade paper flowers. Here are my test babies.

This is just a circle cut into a spiral, then wrapped around itself and glued at the end.



This baby is a bit more time consuming.  You see all those petals? Yep, they're all individual petals that are individually glued and cared for.  I'm sure there is a quicker way to do it, but I did it in about a half hour or so.

Sorry for the poor lighting in the pictures...  

So, what do you think? Would you like to volunteer to help make some :)

These are the colors I plan on using to create more of these little guys.  It's good to do when watching a movie I've learned.  I now realize that I may be watching a lot of movies in my future.  Any recommendations?  I may need to go raid some movie collections so I don't watch the same thing over and over.  

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful!! I am very proud of you.....get me some paper. I will help. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LUV the big one. You know I am in.

    ReplyDelete