Monday, March 12, 2012

Learning from a Gypsy.

So, as some may know, my mom makes delicious cakes.  She stayed at home raising us and baking cakes, cookies, pies, etc until I was in 4th grade, I believe. She still bakes some, but not as much.  I was always fascinated by her cakes, especially when she made flowers.  I got to play with the frosting sometimes, but usually not until the cakes for her customers were complete so we didn't use/eat all of the frosting that she had prepared.  I mainly just wanted to eat it.

So fast forward some years, stopping at least week.  I had a class project due Friday that I didn't start until Wednesday night. You see, I'm busy, but I also procrastinate.  It makes it even worse when you can't decide on a project topic either.  I was required to develop instruction and graphics for my project for a course that I am taking.  Many of the projects completed by other students in the past involved web design/use. I'm not quite that advanced yet. So, I decided to take the 'how to make something' route. That something ended up being instruction on how to make frosting flowers.  I've never really dabbled in the art, but with some memory of mom's techniques and some tutorials online, I made it out alive with some pretty posies :)


This was one of the best ones I made.
The yellow and white one was my favorite :)  I just was cleaning out the tip from the yellow and tried it. There are a few of my attempts. I also made pansies... I thought they all were kinda ugly personally :)  I also made carnations and daisies, but I thought they were too ugly for online appearances. 

 Here are some more. 

Now I just have to make a cake or cupcakes so they get eaten. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tag, you're it!
    http://looktohimandberadiant.blogspot.com/2012/03/double-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete